Another PHENOMENAL deal today!!! I went to the thrift store this morning in search of a football helmet for Ethan's Halloween costume. As we were browsing I came across the bikes. I was just glancing and saw a Schwinn 20 inch girls bike that was in near perfect condition. The price was $14. I was floored and decided to buy it for Anna. She currently has a Schwinn 16 inch, but could always grow into this one. When I went to pay for it the cashier rang it up at $7. I was about to say something when over the loud speaker came "Attention all shoppers, today only...all bikes 50% off!" OH MY GOODNESS!! My lucky day!!!! $7!
When Anna came home from school today she was thrilled beyond belief! She loves her new bike and is great at it! Now, if only I could keep the neighbor girl off of it, aiya. That's a story for another day. Ironically, I never found the helmet, bummer.
Ok...going in another direction...I was thinking I'll post a "tried & true" recipe each week. RECIPE OF THE WEEK..that's what I'll have here. I figure you all should get something out of this blog for keeping up with us as well. If you'd ever like to share a recipe, that'd be great...just post it in the comments :)
Well to start this off I'll post the first RECIPE OF THE WEEK right here: This was a FABULOUS recipe that I made for dinner tonight, mmmmm!!
Lemon Garlic Chicken
* 1 teaspoon dried oregano
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
* 2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
* 2 tablespoons butter
* 1/4 cup water
* 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
* 2 cloves garlic, minced
* 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
1. In a bowl, mix the oregano, salt, and pepper. Rub the mixture into chicken.
Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat. Brown chicken in butter for 3 to 5
minutes on each side. Place chicken in a slow cooker.
2. In the same skillet, mix the water, lemon juice, garlic, and bouillon. Bring the
mixture to boil. Pour over the chicken in the slow cooker.
3. Cover, and cook on High for 4 hours, or Low for 6 hours.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment