Monday, August 25, 2008

SURVIVED!!!

Yes, yes...we have survived and here to tell you about it!

The weekend was very busy....go, go, go...but lots of good fun, food and of course family! It was nice to see everyone and eat, eat, eat. I think the story most worth mentioning would be of our adventurous and quick thinking babysitters!

On Saturday I had two great babysitters watch my four children and my aunt's child while we went to my cousin's wedding. We left at 3 and returned at 11:45. I checked my cell phone all evening long anticipating any sort of call from home. It never came which I took at a good sign. I did call home at 6:30 to check on everyone but there wasn't an answer so I left a message on the machine saying that I was just checking on everyone but that they must all be outside. Boy, was I right! HA!

When we came home our trusting and magnificent babysitters where sitting on the couch gabbing it up :) The children were all snuggled safe and sound in their beds and amazingly enough had been there since 8:30pm! Very impressive indeed! The sitter, A and G, said that the kids were so well behaved....so great! They ate well, played well and slept well, yeah kids! However, there was a little glitch in the evening....an "adventure" A said.

Actually, it was sort of my fault....I forgot to mention to them to bring the keys outside with them because occasionally our doors lock on their own...spooky, I know. Guess what happened next? You got it, they were locked out!! I had left them my cell number and my aunt's cell number as well as contacts in the neighborhood in the rare (ok, apparently not so rare) event that something would happen. However, since they were locked out and the numbers were inside...that wasn't really a big help to them. A (babysitter) remembered which neighbors I had mentioned and went to their doors for my cell number...unfortunately, NONE of them were home!!!

Here lies the great adventure! A and G hoisted the ladder upon their shoulders and marched to the back yard like two very brave firefighters saving the children from inevitable frozen tundra death, Dum, Dum, Dum! (or maybe to the tune of Whistle While You Work instead). The children stared in amazement as A climbed the ladder with a garden spade in hand and jimmied the second story living room screen window open and entered our locked down fortress of a home! Ta-da-da-DAAHHHH!!! (Those reading this....we will not be keeping our windows opened unattended anymore...erase all thoughts of breaking and entering into my home and stealing all my Wiggles videos!)

Yeah! The children were saved and everyone lived happily ever after! Needless to say, A and G earned their salary on Saturday and were rewarded with a tip as well :)

Now isn't that a story for ya? Overall...it was a good weekend....we have another fun week ahead and then school is back in session to very mixed feelings.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are so funny! That is exactly what I was thinking... that you will have to have better locks for your windows better! I am glad your sitters were quick thinkers.